Friday, April 24, 2009

when harry met sally...

aww i really like this movie! haha. can't beat the 90s. there were so many good one liners, i could have died! i need to watch more movies from this period.

so a prominent issue in the movie was the debate of whether you can have true friends of the opposite sex without the "sexual tension". the woman of course said it was possible, but the man said if you're attracted to someone of the opposite sex, that will keep you from truly being real friends and you just couldn't be friends with someone you are attracted to. i feel like this is a breakthrough in the psychology of men and women!!! i really think women can have friends of the opposite sex and think nothing of it, but from personal experience men seem to have troubles having girls that are just friends...

What do you think!? I am VERY curious.

3 comments:

  1. Hard to say... I think for me as I get older it's harder not to think of many good guy friends as "potential" partners. My desire for companionship kind of gets in the way of reason many times. Luckily my reason keeps me in check (mostly!). But I definitely do have guy friends that I don't want to be anything more than just friends. Not sure how it is from a guy perspective though. It probably depends on the dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like it is always in question if there is a possibibility to become more than friends. Usually right when the friendship becomes close is the time when both people will examine the possibilities.

    It seems to become an issue when one has moved past the lingering thoughts and made the decision that frienship is the best option and the other still has hopes. It can be the woman just as much as the man I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with both of the comments!

    ReplyDelete