Sunday, April 5, 2009

hello morning glory

i have a new appreciations for mornings. i like going to bed relatively early and getting up early. opening my shutters, surveying the weather for the day. having my coffee and biscuits and bread with butter and jam and oranges. i feel very at peace with sitting in my illuminated white room, with the window door open. spending the mornings reading, sending e-mails to friends and family and looking things up on the internet, and feeling like i have no where else in the world that i need to be except in this very place. i have a few little cards from friends on my little dresser, to make me think of them often. i have my little drawing of venice across the the room perched next to my alarm clock. it is clear and clean and light.


Only if you have been in the deepest valley can you know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

-Richard Milhous Nixon

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful life. what a beautiful quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. help me to create a life like that here!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete