Wednesday, April 8, 2009

only the lonely

I am young. I am free, liberated like a little yellow bird. I live in the clouds but know all that goes on below, but I prefer not to live there. Because those who live below forget to look to the sky, they don’t see clouds or the sun but their feet shuffling on uneven ground.

I know where I am going, there is a little current that I let myself be carried on, once in a while it turns into a little funnel cloud and feel like I’m going in circles. But soon after I am redirected in the direction of life.

If you stand in my path, I will walk around you, if it’s impossible. If not, I will find another way, come hell or high water there is another way. I will find it. I will take it. I may have to walk amongst thorns and thick brush, but I will come out alive, and I will see the sun when I do. And I will remember the sun when in the deep shadows of the night.

Because there is beauty and I sometimes I let people tell me there is not, that love doesn’t exist, that it is some false emotion, an ideal, not a reality, but I know differently. It is the most wonderful feeling/knowing that you are loved and have the ability to love another. And although some believe it doesn’t exist, I shut them out. But so sorry for them, they will never experience it because they don’t believe. They believe they are the biggest thing in this world—oh what a destitute life condemned to loneliness and grievances. But I am me, I start with one person, myself, and can only do what I can for them to see the light. I move on, or my light will be shut out. One little person is only so strong. You need to keep moving. Although my heart still aches for what they will never experience.

2 comments: