Tuesday, February 17, 2009

don't regret what has happened, be anxious for what is yet to come

wow. it's hard to believe that i've only been here for three weeks. i feel like it's been so long, i have a routine and a little life set up. i've made much progress in assimulating to this new life.

sometimes when i'm walking home from the centre-ville i think to myself-- huh, i'm good at pretending-- being here like this, walking down this french road, residing in this french apartment, talking the french bus, haha. it's strange that you can actually do this at any point of your life, just pick up and change everything. my apartment is a half an hour walk from downtown, it's too long to make it to my 8:00 classes but i want to walk home more, it's in the upper 40s/50s so it's quite enjoyable, especially with my ipod.

tomorrow i meet my french language partner. i found her number on a board at Book & Bar, she sent me a photo of her and she looks miniature, kind of elvish. i'm excited to meet a real french person my age. hopefully we can be friends.

i'm still trying to rewire some of my responses to conditioned stimuli. mostly music...some of my favourite artists, that i can't just never listen to again. so i'm rewiring. it always has to get worse before it gets better. it's empowering at times.

I figure soon I will be like tempered metal... meaning metal that is put under extremely high heat almost to a liquid and then cooled, which in turn makes it indestructible... well no just very strong.

Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment