Monday, February 2, 2009

i have unending inspiration for writing

here... it must be why "the Greats" congregated here. I have unlimited opportunities, which I need to keep reminding myself because I have no idea when I will have the world at my fingertips again.

But even with all the opportunities here, what comes with it is an opening up ideas at home and just plentiful ideas of things I would like to do and take part in once I return. Of course I am on my own most of the day so I have exponential amount of time to think about everything possible, so do not be worried dear friends.

My classes are challenging. They are all in French and most things are not directly translated, so my teacher explains French foreign concepts to us in French terms, so sometimes I am not quite sure if I have the exact meaning of what she is explaining. It is interesting though. I need to watch more French tv and listen to more French radio so I can understand French dialogue better.

I booked my excursion to Venice today, it will be in a couple of weeks. I really don't believe I am going, but the ticket is payed for so I guess I must believe it. huh? Chloe is going too. It is during the Carnival of Venice... people will be all dressed in elaborate midieval clothes and intricate masquerade masks! And in Venice~ gondoliers and all!

It's kind of strange... I met this girl, Chloe, and I really like her and truly I really do not feel like meeting anyone else. I feel like this should make me guilty? There's an american staying with us for a week and she invited me to go bowling with her this week and there will be attractive French men there she said, but for some reason I have no motivation to go.

My host mom said French men love American women, but I don't feel overtly American and I feel like both of us will be disappointed in each other... I will find them extremely pompous and seemingly "trying too hard" and they will find me quiet and not fun, as in "party girl", easily pleased American.

But the funny thing is, in high school the popular boys were nice to me and for some reason tried to keep their respectability in tact around me, yet knowlingly we never considered each other. It was as if we ruled different worlds and that was accepted. They thought their charm could buy them something, and I would laugh and respond in a ridiculous matter as if to say "sorry, you're going to have to try harder than that" but there were plenty of girls it worked on, so they didn't have to.

In ending: I did meet this girl named Pony today from Massechusettes and Jenny from Manchester. Pony mentioned a dance party... maybe i'll talk to her next class...

<3

1 comment:

  1. wow keep writing so i can live vicariously through you!!!

    ReplyDelete