Wednesday, March 11, 2009

i'm just a small town girl

i don't think anyone really realizes that i am from a small town and i've seen very traditional relationships and i know what hick and country are. Many of my cousins have worked on farms, my uncle had a farm when I was younger, me and my other cousins got to name the little pigs (not knowing we would eventually be eating them) and saw calves being born, we used to run from the mean geese that my uncle had as pets. My uncles hunt, my aunts care way too much about the size of their diamonds (more so than their relationships) my brother is a hick, i know guys who only like trucks, hunt, and work on cars, they never went to school--they just learned since they were young. Most of my extended relatives have some form of taxidermy in their house. Pretty much all of my aunts and uncles never went to college.

Sometimes i question how i got here? When i talk to some of my cousins, they act like going to college, moving away, visiting France is some other world that they can't enter. It's really sad... that they don't think they could have dreams. I am very thankful to have amazing parents.

Although I think i've been on opposite spectrums trying to balance where i came from and who i want to be, i need to be in the center. I feel like i keep jumping all over the spectrum with what i want and eventually i will land in the middle.

ok... i am realy warming up to Taylor Swift... haha. and i like this song! and i wouldn't mind something a little more traditional. i was traditionally brought up- these are my roots! i wouldn't mind living in a small town again or maybe even having a little farm... some chickens, a cow. but the beautiful thing is! I haven't made any decisions yet! I can still change what I want, i am young! Next week I can decide I want to teach English in China after I graduate if i want to!

1 comment:

  1. SISTER! I for sure have thought about having a little farm! Crazy! I'll send you a long message later on FB.
    M-rizzle

    ReplyDelete