Friday, March 20, 2009

la premier jour de ma vie

i am really starting to like it here. the way i can buy a fresh baguette and cheese and go to the market for some fruit fresh daily and eat lunch by a fountain or in the courtyard of my school...
...or i could have a coffee at a little cafe with a decadent dessert and write or do my homework. i'm really getting used to the provencial landscapes too, mont sainte victoire, the tan/pink/blue stucco apartment buildings and shutters, the olive trees and lavander and poppy flowers, the balconies and beautiful outdoor views.

I am expanding my social network and hanging out with people in my class more. today i had a picnic in the park with 3 girls. I enjoy that everyone seems to be from a different place, i'm learning a lot about everywhere! like that an eraser in the U.K. is a rubber... haha! man, i just want to visit everywhere and see the entire world....

I am pretty sure for my spring break Chloe and I are going to the U.K. for two weeks. One week in London and one in Manchester... her mom seems to have friends all over. I met her mom and she is really fun... she seems to have lived a great life and done many things, she's really interesting. She kind of reminds me of Maryl Streep in Mama Mia! haha. truly. i really like that movie...

Another things... it seems i am slipping into the oblivion, as if i am disappearing from the radar, but for the first time in my life i am happy with that. being normal has never seemed so beautiful and ideal to me as it does now. I just feel like i don't need anything anymore, just knowing is enough, i don't have to say it or post it on a bilboard or anything because i have it and that's all that's necessary. Most of my life I wanted it to be known that i was different and be marked by differences, but no, not now. I have found this sense of security in that no matter what, other people cannot take some things away from you... there are aspects of yourself that belong solely and inherently to you alone, and they can't take that unless you let them.

Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment