Saturday, March 14, 2009

IXVM

I. There is this girl in my class that I have been getting to know, she's from California and somehow we got to talking about religion a few times in class (speaking in French)... she is agnostic, and often tells me her problem with Christianity and i defend it a try to help her understand it. But the hardest thing about it is that with our generation it is impossible to make anything seem valid. We don't believe in anything, and if we do we believe in everything and we have a preference but all paths are equally good, there is no right or absolute path. So even though I tell her for example that I am a Protestant, she will say "good for you, I am a -----". And she even told me that she likes Judaism, Islam, and Buddhism because they are different from Christianity (what she grew up with)- it has no logic theologically at all, but that she thinks other religions are more interesting.. not that they are any more truthful or right, but because they are more interesting. But I am glad being here is making me realize that i am in the world rather than protected in a safe environment, it is very interesting being surrounded by non-Christians all of the time.

II. I am very content knowing that I am finally doing what I want to do... that i'm not waiting for a future date, or looking forward to a unattainable future. I am finally doing one of the major goals that I have wanted to do for a long time... some days i questioned if it would ever come and here it is. There were so many pot holes and obstacles and I questioned whether I was even supposed to come, and even when I got here it got even harder which i did not imagine and it was trial after trial slowly it became worth it. It is how I imagine a jet taking off... it has to break through layers of the earth's atmosphere and there is full turbulence and you can tell the engines are working in overdrive and you are kind of nervous to see if you'll actually get to the place of zero gravity and bam! there you are! and there are all of the stars and the moon!

III. i don't think Kirsten Dunst is a great actress but for some reason I like all of the films she was in (that i saw) especially elizabethtown and I have this fascination with her. this for example...







No comments:

Post a Comment