Thursday, March 5, 2009

show your bones (and your books)!


what did i do today?


walked underground a few kilometers, below the metro and the sewers, to the CATACOMBS of Paris! rows and rows of bones of people who in the 1800s had a plague and were brought during the night by a priest wearing all black, below ground and stacked bone by bone- trailing through unending tunnels belowground. it was incredible!


I also went to this famous english bookstore, Shakespeare & Co. where I bought a Rumi book. They stamped it with a shakespeare and co. stamp to show i bought it there. haha. It was so beautiful and charming inside... and I thought of my roommates because a song by Andrew Bird came on. xoxo.


sad embarrassing conviction: i went to starbucks yesterday!!! sorry Paris! sorry France! and today i went to a cafe "breakfast in america" hahah! don't tell anyone please. Chloe and I thought it would be funny to go. it was 50s style diner. cute, but definitely too small of a cafe to be in America but large enough sizes for America! And the ironic part is that Chloe is still sick right now from breakfast in America... shes in the room resting. sad.


I will be making a photo album/art journal of my time here I bought a book today! you will see it one day not so far off.


love you,

Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. did you take pictures of the bones?? that is so amazing!! i wont tell that you went into starbucks. shh shh :)

    feel better chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i can't believe they just stacked them there. that must have been an amazing/sad sight.

    ReplyDelete